Monday, April 29, 2013

Mission Statement - Where it all begins.........



Mission Statement:
          
This is the start of a blog where discussions of different and interesting information and thoughts from things that I’ve learned in my Psychology and Culture class. Some of the items that I will be discussing will include how psychology is defined, involved and influenced in different culture now-a-days.


          The first and most important thing that must be defined prior to moving forward with the blog is Matsumoto’s definition of “culture”. He defines it as follows:

“a unique meaning and information system, shared by a group and transmitted across generations, that allows the group to meet basic needs of survival, pursue happiness and well-being, and derive meaning from life”

I’m fairly sure that this definition will be something we continue to look back to in learning how Culture and Psychology interact. Altogether, this has been one of the most interesting and most informative class that I've taken in college. I've learned so much and I'm proud to say that's it's by far my favorite class so far. I highly recommend it. 


In this blog, I will be referencing to information found in the textbook: Culture and Psychology 5th Edition – By David Matsumoto.

No comments:

Post a Comment